She holds a master’s degree in Biostatistics from M. G. University, Kottayam, Kerala and is actively pursuing PhD from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu. She has more than 13 years of teaching experience in the field of Biostatistics both in national and international private medical institutes. She was an empanelled guest faculty as assistant professor in Biostatistics in Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS), Panangad, Kochi, Kerala. She served as Biostatistician and Quality analyst at Credence Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala. She worked as Lecturer in Biostatistics at IBN Sina National College for Medical Studies, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, K. Pandhya Rajah Ballal College of Nursing, Ullal, Mangalore, Karnataka and Kesari Arts and Science College, Ernakulam, Kerala. She has participated and presented multiple scientific papers in national and international conferences.
- V. Rajagopalan, V. P. Soumya, Rashid A. Ganaie.A New Exponentiated Two Parameter Distribution with Biometric Applications; International Journal of Latest Engineering and Management Research; Volume 06, Issue 10, October 2021; 56-65.
- Shetty S, Baeissa O S, Alaidaroos H H, Alansari MA, Aloufi N F, Ponnan S,Awareness and perceptions of periodontal disease and Treatment options among medical professionals – a questionnaire-based study; International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Science (IJBPAS); July 20221; 10(7): 2520 -2535.
- Shreya Shetty, Lama Saleh, Juman Alhusain, Raghad Khalid, Soumya Ponnan, Awareness, Knowledge and Risk Perception of COVID -19 among Dental Health Care professionals and its Impact on Clinical Dental Practice and Oral Healthcare Delivery in the Western Region of Saudi Arabia; Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International (JPRI); 33 (28A): 174 -190, May 2021; Article no. JPRI.67481.
- Prasad Sabarinath, Ravidran Sreeja, Wali Othman, Bajrai Samar, Ponnan Soumya, Oral Somatosensory perception in skeletal anterior open bite malocclusion; International Journal of Advanced Research (IJAR); 5(5), 359-369; May 2017
- Epidemiology of Male Mouth Cancer in India; International Journal Of Science And Technology; Volume 4 Issue 9, September 2015; Paper Id- Sub157989; Page No -345-348.
- Oral presentation on “Trends in incidence of child hood cancer in Indian scenario”: Soumya V. P. at “International Conference on Recent Advances in Statistical Methodology with Applications in Clinical and Official Statistics”, organized by the Department of Statistics, St. Thomas College Pala, Kerala, India, during January 3-5, 2018.
- Poster presentation on Knowledge of Parent’s towards Childhood Vaccination in Makkah Region. Khamrunissa Sheikh, Soumya V. P, Krishna Kumar K, Fahad on 3rd scientific conference at Ibn Sina National College for Medical Studies.
- Pursuing PhD from Annamalai University Department of Statistics, Tamil Nadu
- UGC Net Qualified as Assistant Professor
- MSc in Biostatistics, M G University, Kottayam, Kerala
- MBA in Human Resource Management from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
- Certificate course in Research Methodology from Indian Institute of Public Health, Gandhinagar